As far as Basic Website SEO is concerned the basic rule is:
- You have a website and/or blog platform you want the search engines to find it.
- 100 good content pages is your search engine optimization base (each website page is 1 content page, each post in a blog is 1 content page). Each page must be keyword optimized.
- 200 word minimum per page/post
- Never Cheat – you are never going to outsmart the search engines by cheating (you will be caught and just like Facebook can shut your account down because of “not following the Rules”, Google, Bing and Yahoo can do the same and cut you off from their indexing and database)
- Keywords are meta tags on every page (if you use a static template, meta tags are in the template and use <h2> for the title of your pages)
- Keyword Optimization for search engines must be used in your content – minimum of 3 and no more than 5 ever! Bold one keyword, inlink one keyword, italic or underline one keyword.
- Outlink when you can to an Alexa low ranking website, high Google ranking website (Wikipedia for example, Cnet, LA Times entertainment section, etc.)
- Register with Google, Yahoo and Bing (register your website and blog with search engines) and manually install their code to your website.
- alt”" on images always have a keyword in the description and ALWAYS images have a description.
- Install a Sitemap and robots.txt on your Server.
- Have an account with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to establish basic Inbound links (each account will have your website address in your profile and is considered an Inbound Link).
Now that you have the Basic SEO understanding, you need to put it into action and monitor your efforts using Webmaster Tools from either Google, Bing and Yahoo or all three (recommended minimum Google and Bing).
Flash websites, videos and powerpoint presentations are cool, but are not searchable. If your website is all Flash you will never be found. Search engines are working on this, but it is not high on their priority list. Search engines read words only.
Are YOU ready for your own Website? Do-It-Yourself (DIY)? Looking for a Webmaster Do-It-For-You (DIFY)? A Business Startup?
Call or Text Me: 661-857-2244 (USA)
Our professional services provide: how-to-build-a-website (coach/train) or I’ll build-a-website-for-you (webmaster)
Everyone (individual and small business) can have their own WordPress website and blog platform.
Keeping it Simple. WebCoach and Webmaster.
RFQ – COMMENT – QUESTION Click Here